The filing of a merger transaction is of crucial importance. Authorities get access to a huge amount of sensitive company data using them for their own econometric analyses. EE&MC supports lawyers and companies in this number crunching and provides access to market databases in case the relevant antitrust market differs from the "marketing" markets used so far. In Addition, we carry out econometric analyses based on these data to anticipate the results of the authorties' analyses. It is always good to know in advance in which direction the economic assessment of the transaction develops.
EE&MC services include:
- economic analysis of the antitrust risk
- assistance in developing and formulating the most appropriate filing strategy
- assistance in the pre-notification discussions with the economists of the authorities
- economic analyses of the transaction
- market definition i.e. definition of the relevant product market by applying tools like the Hypothetical Monopolist Test/ HM test or critical loss analyses
- definition of the relevant geographic market by applying tools like the Hypothetical Monopolist Test / HM test or critical loss analyses
- consumer and client surveys, expert interviews, conjoint analyses, etc.
- regression analyses
- UPP test or divertion ratio analyses
- merger simulation models
- economic analysis of remedies
- preparations of submissions
- submission of independent expert reports to authorities and courts on behalf of our clients.