The basis for a successful approval of a transaction is the proper processing and submission of the request in accordance with the CO form. EE&MC provides support in processing the numbers and provides access to market data if the "relevant" antitrust market differs from the "marketing" market.
EE&MC services include:
- economic analysis of the antitrust risk
- assistance in developing and formulating the most appropriate filing strategy
- assistance in the pre-notification discussions with the economists of the authorities
- economic analyses of the transaction
- market definition, i.e. definition of the relevant product and geographic market (optional: applying the Hypothetical Monopolist Test)
- consumer and client surveys, expert interviews
- performing conjoint analyses, regression models and simulation analyses;
- application of various test procedures, i.e. UPP test, divertion ratio analyses etc.
- merger simulation models
- calculation of merger-specific efficiencies
- economic analysis of commitments
- submission of independent expert reports to authorities and courts on behalf of our clients.