To complement traditional merger simulation models there exists some test which do not replace them. The benefit of a merger simulation model is that the whole transaction can be modelled including potential efficiencies.
Common methods in merger control are:
Demand elasticities are of particular importance when using these tests.
- Application of the European School in merger proceedingsEE&MC on the European School in Merger proceedings
- Merger simulation models (AIDS, PCAIDS)EE&MC on merger models
- Merger simulation models (model design)EE&MC on the design of models
- Merger simulation models (auctions)EE&MC on auction models
- Merger simulation models (demand models)EE&MC on demand models
- Merger simulation models (EE&MC model)EE&MC on merger simulation models
- Merger Screening Tools (UPP, GUPPI, IPR)EE&MC on UPP, GUPPI and IPR
- Tying and bundling in non-horizontal mergersEE&MC on tying & bundling in non-horizontal mergers
- Input and customer foreclosure in non-horizontal mergersEE&MC on input & customer foreclosure in non-horizontal mergers
- Application od econometric methods in market definitionEE&MC on market definition
- Informations to Conjoint AnalysesEE&MC on conjoint analyses